Roadside inspections are part of the job for professional uckuck drivers. The goal of these inspections is to ensure both the truck and driver are in compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations.
Trucks are taken out of service (OOS) when an inspector finds a serious violation that warrants the issuance of an order. The most commonly found violations include:
There are 5 levels of inspection:
1. Always be polite and professional.
2. Know the OOS criteria. This includes braking systems, exhaust systems, pintle hooks, coupling devices, fuel systems, lighting, load securement, suspension, tires and rims, frame, windshield wipers, place carding and logs. Always check these items before you leave to avoid problems.
3. Carry all required documentation including your driver’s license, medical certificate, proof of inspection documentation, all road related paperwork, and your log book.
4. Make sure your tires and wheels are in good condition. Balding tires or sidewall damage are a red flag for a more thorough inspection.
5. Make sure your log book is completely up to date and neat. If you are undergoing a level 1 inspection, the inspectors will go through it.
6. Inspectors take equipment violations seriously, particularly when they involve brakes. Check your brakes often, and then mark and measure. Keep your measurements handy to prove to the inspector that you checked them.
7. Secure your load properly. Familiarize yourself with FMSCA requirements.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys have proudly collected TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars in compensation for clients. Below are some of our recent personal injury case results.
"Overall, I had a great experience working with The Bradley Law Firm!! I would recommend Ryan and his team to anyone. Being involved in a car accident can be quite stressful and dealing with insurance companies can be even more stressful. Having Ryan in my corner lifted a huge burden off my shoulders and made this process much easier for me. They handled everything. Tina is great…she is awesome! She’s extremely patient and kept me informed throughout the entire process. The Bradley Law Firm team is very personable, easy to talk to, and a pleasure to work with."
Our Personal Injury Attorneys have proudly collected TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars in compensation for clients.
It is our mission to ensure you receive a maximum recovery for all of your damages, to the fullest extent under the law.
1424 Washington Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103
St. Louis Lawyer Disclaimer: The legal information offered herein by The Bradley Law Firm, is not formal legal advice, nor is it the formation of an attorney client relationship. In order for our firm to be considered your attorney there must be a signed agreement between the client and the firm. Any results set forth herein are based solely upon the circumstances of that particular case and offer no promise or guarantee upon the outcome of any other case. Please contact a lawyer for a consultation. This site is not intended to solicit clients outside the State of Missouri or Illinois. The Bradley Law Firm may co-counsel or associate with other law firms around the country at its discretion from initial intake through litigation when it deems appropriate.